Saturday, February 12, 2005

What was the question again?

If I have come to believe that starting a weblog is the answer, I'm still not sure what the question is. Maybe it's, "Can I become more than I am?" I seem to be perpetually beset by the unfocused desire to be a more complete person, a more fully realized person, than the one I am. This desire is so familiar to me it's like a constant companion, yet I haven't the slightest idea what to do about it. Or maybe the question is more specific: "Can I become a better writer than I am?" I am a science writer by trade, so one might think I would be constantly honing my craft. In fact, I don't think my writing has improved in ages, and this bothers me. Another possibility is, "Can I become a better observer of my own life?" So much of what happens to me and of what I see day to day escapes me, or seems to be distorted in my apprehension of it, as though a filter of some kind has been imposed between me and the world I inhabit. I cherish the idea that I can sharpen my judgment and my understanding through describing my experiences in an organized way.

Or maybe the question I'm trying to answer is as simple as, "Isn't there a better way to spend my time online than reading other people's blogs and playing poker for fake money?"

That's probably it.

I don't know how to start, so I'll just post this and see what happens next time I sit down here.

1 Comments:

Blogger She Dances in Dragon said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Flea wrote about you. The cat's outta the bag now.

3/02/2005 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home