Monday, March 21, 2005

This is NOT going to become a cat blog, I swear

I have been swamped with work this past week—no time for any fun-type writing. Now that I have a moment to post, the inkwell seems to be dry. I guess a visual will have to do instead. So, meet my coworker:



I am self-employed and work at home. I am here all day, all alone except for the cat, Rex. He spends his day as you see him, in his office behind my editor's desk thing. He generally doesn't stir until Wife gets home from teaching and gives him a snack. I refer to him as my coworker, but you see it's just a little joke on my part because in fact he does NO work AT ALL.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moreena said...

Hey, cat blog, whatever! A recounting of the weirdness of cats is not such a bad thing, really. I just can't believe that he doesn't pounce your typing fingers or rub himself all over the monitor or something equally annoying. Just sitting there sleeping is an awfully agreeable cat thing to do.

3/24/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

True. Though when he gets bored later in the day he prances in front of the monitor, arched back and all, trying to get me to chase him around.

3/24/2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger smussyolay said...

yes. i work in an office, so my cat, flan (nery o' connor) can't come to work with me. but when i am home, she is right in front of the keyboard or monitor. so i often have to take the keyboard and type with it on my lap.

as far as doing work...i don't even bother asking. i know her type: cat. but every now and again. once or twice a year, i am so tired or sad or frustrated with life, i'll ask. flan. will you: go get me a taco? will you pick up the livingroom? will you do ____? i do so much and you never do a thing around here.

she is unmoved. she knows that she does enough in grr faces in purring. she knows that it is enough and waits out my insulting request.

3/27/2005 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Rex works. You need to re-read the Cat job description. It includes alerting you to birds, holding down anything soft in direct sunlight (like a bed, you know heat makes things rise), reminding you to take breaks by providing distraction, etc.

On a serious note, if Rex truly naps a lot and isn't active, don't write it off to aging. I thought my Clint was just getting older and slower, but he had diabetes. Luckily we caught it in time to treat, but a lot don't cause cats hide illness well.

3/27/2005 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home